The Benefits of Hard Drive Destruction
Records Management Center and Shredding On-Site offer nationally certified hard drive and e-media destruction options to safely and efficiently destroy sensitive and confidential electronic data. Protect your organization’s confidential data by utilizing our secure, certified hard drive and e-media shredding and destruction solutions.
How Does Hard Drive Destruction Work?
We offer both on-site and off-site hard drive and solid-state drive destruction services for when businesses are ready to get rid of older, outdated, or non-functioning hard drives (HHD and/or SSD):
- On-Site Destruction: Hard Drives and other E-Media will be passed through our specialized mobile shredding equipment while on your premises, physically destroying the device and rendering it inoperable and fully unrepairable, all while you oversee the process.
- Off-Site Destruction: We will collect the media for destruction and deposit it in a locked container for transport to our secure destruction facility, where we physically destroy the media by thoroughly shredding or incinerating the material. The transport vehicle is locked and actively tracked through GPS monitoring at all times. Our destruction facility is certified and audited to nationally accredited security standards.
Whether on-site or off-site hard drive destruction, we can record the serial numbers of the devices destroyed to be included with the Certificate of Destruction provided to your organization for compliance purposes after completion of the destruction project. Not only will we ensure complete destruction of physical e-media storage devices, such as hard drives and solid state drives, to keep your sensitive information protected, but we will also assist in meeting your organization’s security compliance standards.
What Kind of Devices Can Be Destroyed?
Our equipment can process nearly every type of e-media device used to store confidential digital information, including: :
- Hard Disk Drives (HDD)
- Solid State Drives (SSD)
- Cell phones and smartphones
- Server Drives and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Data Tapes
- Flash Storage Devices (Thumb Drives, Memory Cards, etc.)
- Optical Storage (CDs, DVDs, etc.)
- Micromedia Storage Devices
- Microfilm and Microfiche
- Disks, Floppy Drives, Video Tapes (VHS), etc.
- And much more!
What Happens to The Destroyed Material?
We commingle like-kind shredded materials (i.e. metals, plastics, paper, etc.) and recycle each type of destroyed material through the proper recycling channels to reduce environmental impact. Environmental impact reporting is available to you upon request. For more information on Hard Drive, Solid State Drive, and E-Media destruction services, SUBMIT AN ONLINE QUOTE REQUEST or call our office at 207-990-4636.